Monday, April 6, 2015

Páscoa

The easter in Portugal is a bit different than in Finland. Even though Portugal is a catholic country, for me it seems that Finnish people celebrate easter in more visual way. Where is the decoration, easter grass, yellow small chicks and the hype of the easter eggs? There is no small children dressed up as witches or bunnies, though I know "virpominen" is a Finnish tradition, I felt that something was missing.

At least on the work I got to do some hand crafts. Our chefa decided to give our guests small surpises when they woke up in the morning and I was the one who got the joy of preparing this easter surprise. What I did was doing small bags of candy. On the 5th of April in the morning our night audit put these bags hanging on the guests door handles. Such a lovely idea, I would say. :)


It took me almost three hours to make 50 of them. Well, it was fun.

The weather here is like a Finnish summer. Last Wednesday we had around +27'c. The tourists here wear really tiny clothes, but me, as a person who is a bit afraid of cold, still using a leather jacket. Just in case.

I still haven't have any days off. I am supposed to have 9 free days from my internship, so I am going to have some good free time still ahead. This fact makes me realize how little time I am going to spend here.. Next month I'll be flying home. Next month I have to say goodbyes to all my wonderful working mates and friends in here. I am a bit conserned about my future. I am afraid to not to find a job in Finland and ending up unemployed. I have sent some job applications already, but in my case it's not a good thing that I am available to work (or to interview..) only on June.


No comments:

Post a Comment