Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rossio

Around two weeks ago I started working in the new hotel, that was opened on the 7th of this month. It's a brand new hotel with 46 rooms and a small inner garden. All the floors have their own "theme" written on the walls, amor, fado and lisboa. The location is perfect, Rossio Square, in the heart of Lisbon. It has been interesting to be part of the fresh team. I have to praise them, they are amazing, just like in the other hotel as well.

Of course it took a while to get used to the new reception. First of all, it is way smaller than in Ouro. Also because of the new "chefa", boss, the ways to do things are a bit different so once again I am learning some new stuff and again more passwords to remember... not mentioning the rooms and their positions. Also at Rossio I have started doing evening shifts, from 15-23 o'clock, which are easier for me than 11:30-20. It feels like the time goes faster and I have always things to do. I guess I am a night person, not a morning person.

Here is couple of pictures from the new hotel. They both are from the hotels instagram account.


My life here has been going pretty normally. It is easier for me to understand (and especially read) Portuguese, but still having the encourage to using it properly, is missing. I am too afraid of making mistakes, even though I know I shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment