Monday, March 2, 2015

Updates

Time. Goes. Too. Fast. I am having small anxiety sometimes that I don't have time to do everything I would like to do here in Portugal. On the week I don't really have time to do anything and the weekends seem to pass by way too fast. Also, am I learning Portuguese fast enough? Am I getting everything out of this?

I don´t even know what I should write about here... So many things have been going on, some of them have been a struggle. I think me and my boyfriend have a poltergeist in our apartment. These are the things that have happened:
- Washing machine leaking water
- Toilet seat leaking water (and other nice liquids)
- Coffee machine broken
- My computer (!!) broken
- Wardrobe broken

These things have been really getting on my nerves. Also sometimes I feel I don´t have time to do anything but being at the hotel. My days are 8,5 hours and it takes almost an hour to get to the hotel from where I live. Luckily my Fridays are shorter. Another good thing, I haven't felt homesick at all, actually it makes me a bit sad that I should go back to home on May. The only thing I miss is talking in Finnish. I haven't talked in Finnish in two months (no, I don't talk with my parents in Skype or phone) and sometimes I really feel like letting things out in Finnish. Because, it is my own language after all.

Back to the work. The new hotel is going to be opened soon, the first guests are going to arrive on next Friday and I might start at Rossio next week with a new team and new people. I am looking forward to that, working in a brand new hotel.

At the hotel I have been improving a lot. I feel like I can almost do everything that the real workers could do. My only problem there is Portuguese. Answering the phone is a bit embarrasing since I my Portuguese skills are not enough for that.

Plus being at the reception, I have been running errands, such as going to the bank, to the post office, buying some things such as cakes for guests that have birthday or candy to the reception.

Last Sunday we were having a family celebration. My boyfriends grandparents were having their "golden years", 50 years of marriage. Having that kind of party is a bit different than I am used to. It was like a second wedding day, money was spent a lot and the whole family was invited. First we went to the church, after that we had a restaurant rented only for us with a big poster hanging from the ceiling. The day included a long lunch, speeches, dancing and eating cake. 

2 comments:

  1. Kuulostaa kivalta kuitenkin meininki! Koita olla liikaa stressaamatta, aika ja asiat menee siten ku ne menee ja varmast ehit kokee ja oppii paljo, ootha jo nytki tehny nii��

    Onksun kädet jo helpottan?

    Nauti nyt viel ku oot, ja kylhä siä sinne takaski pääset jos silt tuntuu��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ihan totta, oon kans ite joskus vaan niin laiska tekemään asioita täällä, tekee mieli vaan maata x-asennossa vapaapäivät. :D vissii vähän tarttuu tää kulttuuri meikään..

      mun kädet on parantunu! ei siinä mennykkää ku melkein kuukaus haha.

      Delete