Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The first day

Today was the day I visited the hotel for the first time. Originally I was supposed to start in My Story Hotel Rossio, but since the opening delayed I started in other hotel, My Story Hotel Ouro, owned by the same chain. The plan is to be there for a month and I will be part of the opening of Rossio-hotel. How exciting is that? The hotel staff seemed really nice and welcoming, which made my day a lot easier.

My future every-day route to work is a bit different that I am used to in Finland. Since I am staying at Barreiro, I have to take a ferry every morning to Lisbon over Tejo-river. Fortunately the hotel is really near to Terreiro do Paco, the place where my ferry arrives, so it doesn't take so much time after all.

Anyway, today I was introduced to the hotel and the the policies that they have. Also I had a possibility to see the hotel in Rossio that they were still building. It was a really interesting experience. It would have been cool to add some pictures here but I really didn't feel like taking my phone and starting to take pictures middle of the introduction. I also got lot of information about old buildings and how challenging it is to renovate them. The other problem is that the rooms are not same sized.

Aaand yeah, everything is going fine. I got my Portuguese phone with a contract and tomorrow I will get my traveling card. On Friday me and P are moving to our own apartment. It's in the same building as this current one but on the lower floor. It has been really nice to see Portuguese friends again and hang out with them (greetings if you read this lol). I haven't got a mental breakdown yet, which is always a positive thing. 



Making of rasta. 

2 comments:

  1. Iih niin jännittävää, oon niin innoissani sun puolesta! :) Uskon että pärjäät kyllä hyvi, ku kerra on mukavii tyyppeikii ja onha P siel myös ilokses.

    Kuulostaa hirveen romanttiselt et "menen lautalla töihin" mut emmätiä millane lautta se sit on, mut silti. Ja tuli tät lukies jotenki lj-ajat mieleen ja vähän ikävä. Mut öö nähää viien kuukauden päästä.......

    Puspus, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No on se aika erikoista lillua aamuisin meren aalloissa voin sanoo haha :D

      Tosiaa mulleki tuli iha lj-mielee ku aloin kirjottaa tätä, harmi ku sitä ei käytä enää oikein kukaa. Voih teinivuodet.

      Myö nähää kyllä ja tsemppii sulleki kevääsee!! Ja jos en palaa ni tuutte käymää Santerinkaa sit tääl! Oisin siin vaiheessa jo Lissabon-ekspertti XD

      Delete