Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It feels like home




I have settled down here quote well. I have been working on My Story Hotel Ouro now over couple of weeks and I have learned many things at the reception. I still do mistakes - for example today I almost gave the guests un-checked room (cleaned, but not checked), but I guess it is normal at the beginning since I am a trainee. First standing still for 8 hours was a huge pain in the back but now I am already used to it. Back in Finland when I was working for Hilton (just a small comparing: Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa, over 200 rooms. My Story Hotel Ouro, 51 rooms) I used to walk all day and I was moving constantly. Standing still is surprisingly hard.

Mostly I have been doing reservations and guest profiles. I am starting to be good at check-ins but I still need more practice to be more self-confident with the guests and remembering all the things that we are supposed to say at the check-in.

We also have had couple of Finnish guests. It's always funny when they notice that there is another Finn greeting in Finnish and I'll tell you something - It's even more funnier to my co-workers to listen Finnish. Another day a waiter from the restaurant was listening the conversation I had with the Finnish guests. After that he came to me and ask what language was that. Oh, Finnish...

On the weekends I have been just chilling and laying in X-position in Barreiro with P. The next weekend is supposed to be sunny, so maybe then I'll go to Lisbon and explore just a bit more.

Now it's time to go to sleep and let's see what tomorrow will teach me. Boa noite, todos.

No comments:

Post a Comment